How Lab Report Software is the Advanced Future of Clinical Diagnostics?
September 24, 2018
September 24, 2018
How Lab Report Software is the Advanced Future of Clinical Diagnostics?
From being stuck at a cranny of a hospital setting or being limited on a few practitioners to survive to be one of the highest revenue sources. The hubs for excellence in healthcare industry, laboratories have seen a lot of challenges in their journey. Here we are going to see some exclusive benefits of using Lab Report software for easy and fast lab report analysis.
Fig: Lab report Software
With the evolution of evidence-based treatment, accurate diagnostic results are very important in patient care. So, there is huge pressure to perform well on labs. It goes without saying that technology is reducing the needs of human tasks to improve performance greatly. So especially in healthcare, the laboratory software systems are gaining popularity prominently.
Like other industries, diagnostics is also becoming the part of the fourth industrial revolution, according to the World Economic Forum leaders.
Robotics, digitization, and automation are highly responsible for ‘smart factories’. Those are truly flexible laboratories that can manage both high volume/routine analysis as well as fully customized analyses. It is also providing the affordable prices for the analysis.
This chain of integration is growing to cover various fields of science like genetics, biotechnology, and nanotechnology. It is facing change at a rapid rate which is giving birth to very unique and latest technologies.
To go well with the environment that is changing rapidly clinical laboratories are also trying hard to retain the top level of flexibility to adapt well to recent changes and stay ahead in completely new ways.
To explain it further and more clearly, let’s check out some major trends in medical science that are influencing and taking clinical diagnostics to a whole new level –
Genomics witnessing Rapid Growth thanks to automation
There is the significant improvement in genome sequencing over the past few years. In addition, sequencing has been very affordable and there is room for preparation of library and technology has been available more widely due to both of them.
In addition, there is a significant improvement in knowledge of genomics due to data analytics advances by showing unknown correlations, hidden patterns, as well as other insights, especially when it comes to testing data sets in large scale.
Automation technologies make room for great flexibility, higher throughputs, and affordable solutions. All these technologies are the heart of this development. In addition, DNA sequencing and genotyping have been very affordable and DNA testing has been made available to consumers. As the result, it’s rate of growth is very strong and the customers are looking for genetic tests.
There are also a majority of customers who want their samples to go for research purpose. This is the reason the huge amount of biological data generated is growing significantly.
Patient-oriented approaches and personalized medications
Ever changing expectations of consumers are highly responsible for the increasing demand for personalized medicines. Especially in western countries, the aging population expects longer and healthier lives.
Due to this expectation, the demand is increasing for more personalized solutions. There is also a high interest in training programs and tailored diets along with personalized cosmetic products and treatments. Personalized medicine is surely a great development. It has been a lot more viable by putting automation into healthcare and genomics.
On the basis of an average person who may or may not exist, robotics and automation in clinical diagnostics are now customized for medical treatment as per the genetic build up of a person. Due to these advances in patient-oriented approaches, the healthcare field is witnessing significant growth.
Clinical diagnostics to be more complex
Clinical diagnostics are all set to be more complex. All thanks to the advancement of genetics and significant needs for innovative and latest therapies. Also as the result: more data, more samples, and more variations in experiments.
It will play a vital role in the growth of sophisticated systems with the increasing level of robotics and automation that can be adapted well to various workflows and processes. Machine learning, cloud computing, and other growing technologies will be very helpful for laboratories in the future. Also, it will be a lot easier to share and analyze data.
With the use of cloud computing, research groups will be able to access and collaborate a lot of data at the same time. Algorithms to learn from data, make predictions and gain more insights are being used by cloud computing.
More flexibility will be needed in in-depth research
Groundbreaking research in areas like stem cell technology, cancer immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and gene editing is playing a vital role in market opportunities. These breakthroughs are giving huge paradigm shifts opening up new opportunities and markets for clinical lab report software so they can meet the safety and quality standards at the same time.
Effects of these trends for Clinical Labs and IVD agencies
These types of trends bring a lot of exciting and new possibilities for clinical labs. Well, they also come with some new challenges, concerns about integrity and safety of people, ranges of heterogeneous innovations, and ever-changing environment to work in.
There is no solution or gold standard for such kind of challenges. Rather, those who can go with the rapidly growing environment will stay ahead of the competition.
To catch up with the new opportunities, it will be important for clinical laboratories to change and adjust processes on regular basis.
For instance, it promotes integrated flexibility in clinical applications to move across genetic and tailored services. Also move to recent market segments like mass spectrometry, immunoassay, and molecular testing. In simple words, it is about moving rapidly with market trends.
Pathology in Future
Pathology is always an important part of our lives and the healthcare industry. Pathologists have their own importance for clinicians to diagnose illnesses and diseases like cancer, monitor status of improvement, and manage treatments.
Pathology is going digital over the years and it has great potential to transform this traditional practice. Pathologists use digital pathways to deliver services and information.
Pathology market is flourishing with digitization
There are only 33 companies across the world supplying digital pathology programs, hardware and solutions. It is expected for digital pathology market to grow significantly with around $4.5 billion of sales across the world by the end of 2018.
Followed by Europe and Asia, North America is the market leader in this segment. The Asian market is all set to top the growth chart in the near future because there is significant awareness of several benefits and growth of digital pathology to improve quality and accuracy of diagnostics by the Ministry of Health in Asia.
Digital Innovations in Pathology
Here are some of the common examples of innovation and digital technology in pathology –
- Changing infrastructure in lab-oriented communications using interfaces with Lab Report Information Systems and Lab Information Management Systems.
- Expanding the reach of digital pathology at remote locations and enhancing expert opinions and consultations.
- Integrating laboratory test result management in laboratories in different sites with varying levels of information systems, such as immunology, hematology, cytology, microbiology, and biochemistry.
- Higher efficiency in data processing and overall work of multi-disciplinary teams with consolidation through the integration of systems.
- Improved patient care by sharing information like electronic health records and promoting referrals and consultations.
- Obtain corporate intelligence through data mining to get a better insight into pathology reports and processes and using the results well to improve patient health and pathology solutions.
- Helping patients to self-manage their long-term disorders.
- Automated sample identification with end-to-end management of samples to gain better control over the transport and collection of samples to labs from hospital clinics and surgeries.
- Automated and quantitative image detection and analysis to offer detection of areas of interest and to offer risk-based prioritization of cases.
- Usage of digital pathology in training, education and elaborating cases of tumor boards.
- Some of the common benefits are improvements in communication, patient safety, and service delivery, along with lower costs, reduce errors, and more efficient and better utilization of data.
In the near future, digital pathology is going to offer the following services –
- Early diagnosis of illness or disease
- Therapies will be personalized and patients will be able to get tailored medicines according to their conditions.
- Analyze and extract data to figure out the connections between treatments and tests and to enhance results.
- Pathologists to get the complete insight into patient’s care and health status.
- Pathologists can access previous records and data from various sources instantly
- People can easily manage their health by accessing electronic records
- Optimized delivery structure without geographical limitations and boundaries
- Pathologists can interact with patients smoothly
Pathology Lab Reporting Software – To Ease Record Management
This day and age of technology have its own pros and cons. Our lives have been made easier with it. But there are still some hitches to consider. After all, there are two sides to every coin. When it comes to digitization, healthcare is no exception.
Fig: Use of Pathology Lab Reporting Software
When all of the other sectors are going digital, pathology labs have also come forward in providing online solutions. Lab.me is one of the leading names in digital diagnostic and pathology solutions, along with lab management software which works on machine intelligence.
So, let’s discuss laboratory report software. As the name suggests, this cloud-based mobile app has been designed for pathology labs to manage Home Visit and in-clinic appointments, reports, tests, and other allied aspects.
Usage and Benefits of Pathology Lab Report Software
If you have pathology lab software in your device, you are just one touch away from your pathology lab. With few taps, you can access all the relevant data you need. It is basically a robust system to assemble all of the test records, i.e. from the request for appointment to the delivery of the report with every small detail.
Along with helping with lab tests, the system is efficient enough to collaborate all of the information of the lab report at once. The statistic is centralize for complete administration of work. It can provide easy and smooth access to users with their history.
Once pathology software tracks all the data, there is no risk of issues like-
- Delay in appointments,
- Missing the reports,
- Jumbling in different types and numbers of tests,
- Waiting for delivery of reports, etc.
All in all, this software improves the genuineness of pathology lab services. You may consider your pathology software as a store which consists of everything that is relevant to your health.
Here are some of the benefits of Pathology Report Software –
Transfer of samples is a process which taking most of the time in delivering reports. Before sending it from the collection hub, it is time taking to register samples. After receiving at the processing department, it has to register again.
There is a different sample tracking model and the base of the batch sheet in a robust Lab Information System (LIS). A barcode is assigning to the whole batch of samples before transferring the same to the processing chamber.
Real time tracking of samples
The Laboratory Management Software is having a feature: “Sample Workflow Manager” to handle samples automatically once the sample is barcoded and collected. Hence, technicians can easily keep track of samples simultaneously.
Manual work only on abnormal reports
The integration of auto-authorization procedure can approve reports automatically that come with normal values. It leaving enough time for doctors and pathologists to focus only on abnormal values. It can save a lot of time and efforts for both pathologists and doctors.
Efficient logistics management
The LIS is including smooth and effective logistics management system. It can add barcodes to each sample, signals , and the processing hubs, when samples are booked at collection center. Therefore, it can be possible to allocate reagents, resources, and material even before processing center receives samples.
Reduced human error
Labs can improve efficiency significantly by integrating devices and lab equipments on a secure and single platform. This way, data can transfer automatically from the device to the LIS. It can reduce manual work and save time and there is the low risk of human error.
Fast operations save lives
When handling test reports with abnormal values that can take a toll on someone’s life, every minute is valuable. So, there is a feature of panic alert in an efficient LIS solution which can send an automatic alert to the concerning doctor. This way, they can take immediate action and it saves the life.
Effective MIS dashboards generate inventory, operational, financial, lab, and test-based reports in personalized formats. Efficient lab information system can help in data mining for lab owners. Also, it can create trends, crunch numbers, and projections to enhance revenues and track metrics.
No longer unwanted expenses and pilferage
The Advance inventory module is recommend to automate purchases with expiry alerts and predictive reordering. It will be helpful to reduce wastage, pilferage and unwanted expenses.
Lab information systems make it easier to grow laboratory businesses. It becomes very simple to collect and process centers with cloud-based LIS and takes only a couple of hours when master data is provided. All of the centers can be managed by lab owners on secure, single platforms and they also work individually.
There are endless benefits of medical laboratory reporting software, such as speedy results, error-free operations, better utility and lab management. Expand your business, process large numbers and varieties of samples, and enhance revenues with LIS.
What to Know Before Using Lab Test Software?
There are different operations you need to conduct if you own a pathology lab to ensure smooth functioning of your lab. Reporting, testing, and documentation of reports are some of the major tasks that you need to execute without any errors.
These tasks are dependent and discrete on one another, there are high dependencies for a lab result software such as:
- Labs perform medium to large-scale operations for those dependencies and it is the best fit for them.
- Lab management software can improve your efficiency and you can manage samples and data efficiently.
- The whole workflow can automate along with other processes when integrating medical instruments and machinery.
- Lab information systems are using by lab technicians and doctors to conduct different types of medical tests.
- Usually, lab report systems come with features to manage order likeentry, patient check-in, result entry, processing specimen, and patient demographics.
- Lab information system can store and track clinical information about the patient. During a visit, it also store information in the database for reference.
- Laboratory Information Management System is closely associated with LIS.
- A Lab Information System stores clinical information.
- LIMS can be installed on a PC or mobile device or also used as an online tool to store and manage data. Also, it can produce reports from the stored data.
It is always wise to have a laboratory information system to analyze your lab report.
Here are some things you need to consider before you install it –
Takes time to go Live
It is not a regular work to move operational and business process to LIMS program. However, it is also not tiresome. But it calls for a turnaround time to get those processes live. You may want to customize LIMS to meet your business needs. It takes the longest time to set up than usual.
Needs IT Support
Your staff has to be tech-savvy and they should have proper technical knowledge before moving to LIMS. You have to give proper training to your staff to operate the software and enough technical knowledge to perform the basic IT functions. If you cannot spend on training, will you acquire professional support on daily basis?
Cost and flexibility
Basically, LIMS is a complete package in itself. But there are high chances that you would need a program which can meet your business needs and complements your practices.
It is better off if you have a module which can meet your needs rather than changing the processes. A standard program may be feasible economically for a business but it needs more work to do than usual.
It is always wise to go with LIMS when making a switch to a high-end lab. Lab.me is an online lab report solution which stays always ahead with technology.
LIMS also gives the technical benefits to the futuristic pathology lab. It is coming to the market to fulfill the needs of doctors and patients for best lab report and results.
Why Do You Need Lab.me?
For efficient lab management, laboratory management solution is always recommended. Get Lab.me is very important for you to collect data and interpret your lab report.
This software automates all of the lab functions, such as –
- Information and data management,
- Data transfer between technicians,
- Labs, and doctors, and quality controls.
Here are some of its key features –
- Lab test
- Lab automation
- Online billing
- Online portal for patients
- Interpret lab report and key reference ranges and suggest important changes you need to make to reach optimum level of health
Here’s what Lab.me can do –
- Store, track, and manage patients’ reports and allied info
- Manage clinical tests and reports
- Generates patients’ reports smoothly
Manage Samples – It manages, stores, and analyzes software and also helps in managing results and tests and generates reports.
Manages subject – It also helps store patient’s data and detailed information, generate reports, and maintain demographics details.
Manages Lab Test – It efficiently manages report, entry of results, and registration of samples.
This lab test software also helps users to track and manage their blood work reports. It also secures user data so any unauthorized user cannot access this information. Lab.me is a cost-effective and user-friendly program which automates all lab functions.
Download The Free – Ultimate CBC Cheat Sheet
- How to Reduce The Missed Blood Test Errors with Lab me analytics
- How Lab Report Software is the Advanced Future of Clinical Diagnostics?
- What is ALCAT Test for Food Allergies? Can LIMS Software advance Healthcare?
- What the ranges of blood test say about your health
- Never Feel Anxious About Lab Values Again- Analyze Your Blood Test Results